Existing Member?

a travelling TISH a travelling experience is not appreciated if not shared with others.

family history in SCOTLAND..

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 17 May 2008 | Views [386] | Comments [5]

The journey began with a nine and half hour bus trip from London to Edinburgh, which was not made any better with a killer hangover. Once there I was picked up by my mum's cousin Pamela and her husband George, who had prepared a wonderful home cooked baked dinner, just what i'd been waiting for.

The next day I got to experience Edinburgh Castle, which was unbelievable to see, quite like the small statue at home I have looked at since I was little. We got to see to one o'clock gun, and had lunch at the cafe overlooking the old town. Afterwards we went for a few drinks and had dinner, down town in Edinburgh.

Tuesday was a trip down memory lane, well not mine but my mum's. We took some photos of her primary school, and moved onto her place of birth and childhood home in the Grass Market. I got to walk along the street that most of my original family had grew up on before migrating to Australia. Also walked along the Royal Mile and had some lunch at yet another Starbucks, which has got to be the most franchised company in the world! I have seen twice as many compared with McDonalds.

Wednesday we left for our trip up North, to the highlands. We stopped at the Forth Bridge, at the South Queen's Ferry, which was a spectactular sight. Then we got to Perth, where we had a hotel for the night. That afternoon we enjoyed a few drinks in the afternoon sun before dinner, which was more than I have ever ate before!

The following day we travelled up along the Loch Ness, no monster unfortunately. Stopped for lunch at Fort William, before driving to our hotel in North Kessock. Which is on the other side of the river, looking at Iverness. Yet another nice meal and a few wines later.

Friday we packed up for our trip back home. Along the way we stopped at the Falkirk wheel, which was a large contraption that transports barges along different canals. Once home we enjoyed a small meal, as we were all sick of food by the end of the week.

Today I am packing up yet again for another trip, this time down to Manchester. I will be staying with a friend from surfection who lives there now. Only a short stay, before heading back to London for another long weekend. Then i'm off to Paris! So more updates and photos will be up next weekend, til then big kisses.

Comments

1

hopefully one day ill be taking my own trip down memory lane.
cant wait to see the photos. keep on trekking luv ya mum xx

  mum@dad May 18, 2008 9:35 PM

2

it's good to hear about your trip to scotland it brought back memories for us.

  tracey & gary May 19, 2008 9:29 AM

3

Hey Tish sounds like your having an awesome time.. as I hadn't seen any of your updates, my head was spinning with how much you have done and seen already.. sounds like you are certainly making the most of your time!! Im heaps happy for you that you are having so much fun, but kinda jealous as its a Monday morning, the sun and shining and im stuck at my desk in a very ugly and hectic Sydney!!! wish I was there thats for sure... well keep up the updates, they are great... now im going to look at some of your pics.. talk soon. Lyndal xoxoxox

  Lyndal May 19, 2008 11:47 AM

4

I have to say that this would be one of the most awesome way's to keep incontact, it is wonderful to read of your edventures & the photo's are amazing. Keep ona trekking & take care of those tiny feet of yours.
Nic, Bella & Cameron all say "Hello", we miss u Aunty, take care, talk soon,xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Mia

  Mia May 20, 2008 8:55 PM

5

Hi Tisha, finally worked out how to get onto your journal. We really enjoyed having you stay with us last week - it all went too quickly. Hope you continue to have a wonderful trip? Try not to leave anything else behind! Take care, Pamela & George xxxx

  pamela & george May 21, 2008 9:26 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.