Existing Member?

a travelling TISH a travelling experience is not appreciated if not shared with others.

yeah LONDON!

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 13 May 2008 | Views [365] | Comments [2]

So can't remember what I wrote last.. but once in London, first destination was a bar which I recieved a few free drinks that seemed to cure my jetlag. Then next day we were off to Hyde Park for the afternoon where we sat, drank and ate till we could not fit anymore.

On the Tuesday I took a lil one hour walk around Hyde Park, to get to Oxford st, which took for ever to stroll along. Eventually I found the British Mueseum which had a cool collection of post world war two American sketches. On the way home as per usual I got a lil lost, which my feet were not to happy about. 

Wednesday I headed to the London Eye, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben and the Houses of Parliment. Then walked along the Thames river to the Tate British, another art gallery. I walked up Whitehall but some how missed number ten Downing St. Anyways I got to Trafalger square, where the National art gallery was. The funniest part about the day was the randoms outside doing acts for money. Ask me for details later. On the way home I walked through St James park the Green park which were both so beautiful. That night we went to the theatre to see Grease in the Piccadilly circus, also enjoyed a nice meal before hand.

Thursday I took the tube to Notting Hill, but not much was happening and the terraces were not so interesting. Also made my way into the Harrods building in London, which was way to upper class for a backpacker.

Friday I took a day trip to Brighton, and sat on the famous brighton beach that fatboy slim played at a few years back. It was so refreshing to see the ocean again.

Saturday I finished off my sight seeing at the London Tower, the Tower Bridge and the Tate Modern. It had some great work in there, and art I could relate to as I studied alot of those artists. That arvo Seanna and I headed to Fullum for a few drinks that turned into three bottles of wine and many laughs later. Not sure if Ben was too happy about us staggering down the street and chatting at the top of our lungs. After not many hours sleep and a rather long converstaion back home, I had to get up nice and early for the nine and half hour bus journey to Edinburgh. Not so bad though, I didn't have to spew on the bus thankgod!

So will have a Scotland update at the end of the week which is going to be quite eventfull, till then miss you all!

Comments

1

finally another entry in your journal sounds like your making the most of every day but those poor little size 5 feet must be crying out stop!cant wait to hear all about scotland.enjoy luv &miss you heaps mum xx

  mum@dad May 13, 2008 5:15 PM

2

wow sounds like ur seeing alot. would have been great having caught up with seanna. ur moving round alot i cant keep up where you are! keep having fun exploring

  emily May 13, 2008 7:33 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.