Existing Member?

a travelling TISH a travelling experience is not appreciated if not shared with others.

Goodbye TOKYO.. Hello LONDON!

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 5 May 2008 | Views [498] | Comments [5]

So my last day in Tokyo, I caught a train to 'Anakusa' where I went to the buddist temple 'Senso-Ji'. It was absolute chaos going through the markets to get to the 'Shinto Shrine'. Then I headed to 'GInza' shopping Mecca of Tokyo. They actually close the streets on the weekend for the thousands to go shopping. I decided to head to 'Shinjuku' to take photos out of their highest building, but by the time I found the entry it had closed. To make matters worse I couldn't find my way back to the station, so I had to trek to the next one. So after 5 hours of walking around, I went up to the bar of the hotel on the 40th floor. Lovely but also really lonely sitting up there on my own. Tokyo is exactly what you would expect.. Huge tv screens which blast out sound, lots of neon lights, vending machines everywhere, and trains are never late. Overall I loved the visual overload, and loved my deluxe hotel which made my stay slot easier on my own. I feel that if I had someone with me, I would of been able to explore more, and try more Japanese cuisine. But had an awesome time anyway. Then it was off to London! I didn't have any baggage problems at terminal 5 thank god, and Seanna found me no worries. So once back at her's in South Kensington, we had a few drinks before heading to a bar in Chelsea. It didn't take me long to feel tipsy as my head was already spinning from jetlag. Anyways today we are off for a picnic in Hyde Park. Yum cheese and wine!

Comments

1

glad to hear your tokyo sojurn was a success&heathrow wasnt a problem say hi to seanna enjoy your picnic.luv you &miss you mum xx6

  mum@dad May 5, 2008 9:14 PM

2

Hey, sounds like you're having a great time and must be nice to catch up with the London crew. I'm on day 6 of my ten day haul - looking forward to the weekend! Keep having fun and enjoy every moment. I'm thinking of you xx

  Greg May 6, 2008 7:31 AM

3

Hellooo!
Glad to hear you made it safe and sound! Keep up with the journals, have an awesome time.....Xx

  Court May 6, 2008 8:28 AM

4

OMG no no BIG OMG...........im so jealous and wish i could have shared a drink with you in Japan so you werent alone.
Have a blast and say hi to London for me!!
PS - If you go to Soho make sure you make a big effort to find The Nellie Dean Pub on Dean Street and say Hi to Kim for me ( she is the owner and will shout you drink im sure), this is where i lived and worked. Luv ya lots, xoxoxo

  Laura May 6, 2008 5:00 PM

5

OMG sounds amazing Tish wish i was with you guys, have a blast babe!!!!!!!!! YOUR AWESOME i still can't believe your there.............. and i'm not he he, keep the updates coming :-)

talk soon

Luv Ambsx0x0x0

PS: keep safe

  Ambs May 7, 2008 8:37 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.