Existing Member?

a travelling TISH a travelling experience is not appreciated if not shared with others.

MANCHESTER bundle of laughs

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 30 May 2008 | Views [326]

Sunday the 18th of May I set off on another bus trip to Manchester. We stopped at Glasgow on the way, wheere I purchased a magazine that had a competition which I won a trip for 2 on a greek island cruise for 7 days! Hopefully I was not scammed and will recieve the prize towards the end of the year. Fingers crossed everyone. Finally reached Manchester, met Brooke and Matt and headed back to their place, and my new home for the next couple of days.

Monday I quickly learnt the bus routes and headed into the city. I had a look at the Town Hall and library at Albert square which were beautiful historic buildings in the area. I found another starbucks and stumbled across the cheapest clothes shop in the world 'Primark'. After a lil shopping trip I sat in Piccadilly gardens, took a photo of the giant ferris wheel, as I was to chicken to go on. Then headed home for chill out time at Brookes, which involved watching soaps all night.

Tuesday I went to see the Wentworth gallery, which had some beautiful pieces. My favourite was a collection of decorative wallpapers from the 1920's and 1930's. Then wondered through the museum of science and Industry at the university, and walked into the city to the Manchester Art Gallery. 

Wednesday I took a lovely walk along the river before meeting with Brooke in the city. We went to the design gallery Urbis, which was my favourite collection of work so far. I got to see the manga exhibition,which is the japanese style of art which is taking over the world. There was environmental garden designs and the work of a manchester fashion designer which was awesome to see. On our way home we were mobbed by all th eManchester United fans, as they were playing Chelsea in Russia. Crazy to see but good experience. Once home, Matt cooked a fantastic BBQ with the best burgers ever! After feeding our faces silly we went down the pub for a couple of drinks which turned into a long night as we all left our keys at home, and took a couple hours to wake Louise their flat mate who I swear was in a coma.

So overall I had such a good time in Manchester with Brooke and Matt as they are a couple of crazy characters like me!

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.