Existing Member?

We must go.... ...live to feed the hungry, stand beside the broken.

almost finished here

USA | Friday, 13 June 2008 | Views [664] | Comments [1]

Well, as we begin to wrap up this first project in Gallup, a lot of things are happening in this city. We have had two on-site salvations: two Native-American children came to know the Lord in the last couple of days and Tuesday night at our concert of prayer, two people were saved and one rededicated their life to Christ. It has been an incredible week of an undeniable moving of the Holy Spirit in this place! Praise the Lord.

Yesterday was the sacred "half day" of World Changers and we had a packed out day of adventure and exploring! In the afternoon, around 3:00, our staff (and one other youth group from the project) went to El Morro, NM. There, we hiked 2 miles up a mountain, learning about New Mexican history, reading carvings on the side of the mountain and getting one of the most glorious views of this place. It was an incredible experience and I only wish we could've spent more time up there. One scary thing about the day was that, here in NM, the wind can get pretty violent and yesterday was no exception. So, there were a few times I felt like I was going to get swept right off the cliffs! But, behold - i'm alive and well. ha

After El Morro, we went to dinner at a sport's bar in downtown Gallup and then over to the traditional Indian Dancing in the town square. It was so fun to watch and participate in. A Native-American single-handedly lead in the music, beating a drum and chanting as 100s of world changers students danced around with the Indians in their traditional dances. I even got in on it with BJ (local Pastor's son) and a sweet Native-American man. He taught me all the tricks and we had tons of fun! (even though we only got to catch the last 10 minutes of the hour long dance session). We then scooted over to FBC Gallup to get some ice cream and duke it out in the inflatable boxing ring with giant gloves. However, we left quickly to beat the kids back to the school to get showers!!! (yes, we did ALL of that after a 2 mile hike in the heat without showers) hahaha gross.

Anyway - enjoy the pictures in the El Morro album.

love you all.

Anna

Comments

1

Anna,
El Morro was pretty sweet huh. The view from the top WOW. Yes, kinda windy but the history in that place was amazing.

I read the entry before this one, so that is where the following lines are stemmed from. Even Though you guys might have thought things didn't go just right (music, av problems, ect..) be assured they went the way God wanted them to go. You guys did a phenomenal job that week. I really appriciate your dedication to doing Gods work. I Hope to see you again in the future on this side.

I like Leopards ... HEHE.

Josh - FBC Valley Springs, AR
WC09 - Casper, WY

  Josh Graves Aug 8, 2008 12:18 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.