Existing Member?

Round the world in 7 months How will you know, if you never go?

Prague

CZECH REPUBLIC | Wednesday, 24 June 2009 | Views [651]

Amazing Prague architecture

Amazing Prague architecture

After Budapest Abe and I headed for Prague in the Czech Republic, where we were to spend 3 nights and 2 whole days.  Prague is an exceptionally beautiful city, everywhere you look the architecture is stunning.  We had an early first night so that we could arrive at Prague Castle early and try and beat the crowds, an idea that worked pretty well!  We spent the morning at the castle visiting its many sights, including the massive St Vitus’s Cathedral, St George’s Basilica (smaller but was the location for a number of old graves) Old Royal Palace (where they also had displays detailing the history of the castle, very interesting!), and a couple of art galleries.  I even surprised myself by enjoying some of the art!  From there we wandered over Charles Bridge into Stare Mesto (Old Town), in particular Staromestske nam (the Old Town Square), which is very pretty.  After a bit more wandering we ended up in Nove Mesto (New Town) and saw Wenceslas Square.  The next day was much the same, except we also walked up the hill in Mala Strana and saw some great views of Prague.  Our time in Prague was pretty relaxed, the hostel even had a pool so we went swimming a few times (good to be doing some exercise!).  And of course we had to buy a bottle of Absinth… we didn’t see any green fairies but thanks to the 70% alcohol we did feel pretty happy!

 

 

Travel Answers about Czech Republic

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.