Existing Member?

Around the World in 210 Days

Patience is a Virtue

INDIA | Sunday, 27 January 2008 | Views [880] | Comments [8]

Hello all, we are in Rishikesh.  We are spending the next ten days at an Ashram doing meditation and yoga, so we will not be checking in on email, blog or phone.  We know everyone is dying to hear about our camel adventures, and if we have been fed opium naan (we haven't), but that will have to wait.  Speak to you soon.

Tags: Relaxation

Comments

1

Ommmmm

  Richard Jan 27, 2008 4:09 PM

2

ok that's it. it is time for those two to come home. they have no jobs, no home, no bills, no stress, just fun, fun, fun, and they feel they need this for what? the real world awaits you. find out while your there it you can channel this to all of us back home i think we could use it about now. make sure you don't eat or drink anything that will take you to faraway places while your sitting still. and this time richard says it best. OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM love mom

  mardi Jan 27, 2008 4:23 PM

3

My darling ShannonDawnAlexEtc. King,

Whenever I want to meditate on patience I simply look longingly at the not recently posted upon photo galleries and wonder when oh when will I see more of your photography. That would be nirvana.

Now do the Buddhist who you are going to see on your next trip know you are in an ashram?
Here is something to meditate on.
What if Buddha and Krishna arm wrestle?
Who would win?

I know! I AM pretty spiritually deep huh?

  Richard Jan 30, 2008 9:36 AM

4

While meditating, please find some extra inner peace so that you can share, as I will need it while I TRY to teach freshmen for the rest of the year. It should be a challenge. This could be the souvenir that I was promised.

  spanky Jan 31, 2008 3:19 PM

5

Spanky you are going to have to decide.
Do you want a monkey named Steve or inner peace?

I would say go with the monkey but you are teaching freshmen so you may be burned out on monkeys.

Can you believe your old buddy from Lubbock America is sitting around cross legged meditating on his belly button while you are educating and building tomorrow's leaders?

While you are suffering through that loud school bell every hour, Andrew and Alex are listening to a little bitty bell that wakes them in the morning for more of that yoghurt with special meditating buds in it.

(you didn't really fall for the old "I'll bring you a souvenier line" did you? Andrew uses that on everybody)

  Richard Feb 1, 2008 2:31 AM

6

Well I think that I would rather have a monkey, that will atleast bring some peace for a little while.

I don't know about educating tomorrow's leader, i think what I ma actualy doing is preventing some crime from about 8 to 4 each week day. On the weekends the little deliquents are on their own, as I may countless trips to Taco Villa.

And YES I did fall for that souvenier line. I just thought that after laughing at me the first time that he ever saw me he owed me something.

  Spanky Feb 1, 2008 1:17 PM

7

Oh that laughing at you the first time he sees you...
He does that to everybody else too.
Ask coco and tigger.

Now that he married some fancy schmancy lawyer he will be laughing at us a lot. He made fun of Sandy and I for eating onion rings instead of fried cheese sticks at the eatery named after you. We may never be at his level again.

Alex has been so quiet I am not even sure she is really on this "trip". I bet Annie stole her.

  Richard Feb 1, 2008 8:34 PM

8

hello hello ello lo ooooooooo ?

  Richard Feb 7, 2008 3:07 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.