Existing Member?

My Asia I fell in love with Cambodia in 2002. I am fortunate enough to now be able to enjoy regular trips. I hope you enjoy following me and that the information is useful to some!

Phnom PenhRoyal and then home!

CAMBODIA | Saturday, 6 October 2012 | Views [468]

A lunch time drive back to PP, no Dara this time but a very capable driver, no english was spoken so l dose all the way! 

I'm staying at the Mekong Boutique Hotel this time, a gorgeous place with only 14 rooms near the Pencil Supermarket. A huge spacious room all to me! Dump my stuff and head off for a walk and a Tuk Tuk to Sorya Mall to do some quick shopping (phone cases!) then to street 178 to browse the shops. Decide to get a Tuk Tuk back to the Hotel but no one knows where it is!! Poor man rides around and around in circles, finally we figure it out and l will always rememebr to make sure l know the address before leaving a hotel!! Idiot!!

A bit of a rest up and then to the Titanic Restauant to meet up with a new friend Peter and his beautiful Khmer Fiancee, a very strong and proud woman who l look forward to spending more time with in the future. What a perfect night. G & T's, great conversation and great location (was'nt that keen on their food though) Srey mom has her own Tuk Tuk serive, bought for an older son (Adopted or taken on) and so l get a lift back to the Mekong and now he knows where it is for his guests as well!!!

Next day l have an extended check out, so head off to Central Markets for cake and coffee and more shopping, more phone cover shopping around the market as there are soooo many phone shops! Street 240 for the boutiques and 178 for DVD's and silk purses! Back to hotel for shower and final pack, l think my bag will certainly be over weight this time! 

But amazingly it was 19.8 kilo's! 

So the end of my first solo trip, l have loved it, so easy to only have yourself to think about! And first time in my married life to have these two weeks alone! Wow! 

So until next time folks.......

 

 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.