Existing Member?

My Asia I fell in love with Cambodia in 2002. I am fortunate enough to now be able to enjoy regular trips. I hope you enjoy following me and that the information is useful to some!

Lila Thai Massage

THAILAND | Saturday, 29 September 2012 | Views [865]

Finally l have found THE place! After having my spine most certainly damaged by the elbows of Mrs Eeee and her buddies earlier in the week, and walking down some streets on my way to the night market where no one offers me a massage! 

They are clearly selling something, and the shops all say massage but no one offers! Maybe it's the names of the shops that might give it away, the Go Go Club, Nice Mama's, Pirates Cove? Pussycats, and l could go on and on and on, streets of them! The women are very dressed up for massage too! 

Anyway, l discover Lila Thai and it was started by a very wonderful woman called Naowarat Thanasrisutharat! She was the Director of the Chiang Mai women's Prison. She began the program to offer newly released inmates a way to contribute to society and be able to make a living so they did not fall back into their old ways. All these women are carefully screened for the program and also trained! So Mrs Eeee would'nt stand a chance here! It is professionally ran and the leg, foot massage was heavenly. 

It was 180 baht for an hour of bliss, that's about $5 AUD

I think l will have to fit another one in before l leave! 

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.