Existing Member?

My Asia I fell in love with Cambodia in 2002. I am fortunate enough to now be able to enjoy regular trips. I hope you enjoy following me and that the information is useful to some!

Shopping in Chiang Mai

THAILAND | Saturday, 29 September 2012 | Views [491]

Before l left home l made a list of all the places l was hoping that l would get to. 

Think I've done that list proud! 

Night Bazaar, have been up to the night market two nights now, and have hardly bought a thing other than my dinner! The stalls are very repetitive. Although am surprised that the vendors are not In Your face, only people that are are the women dressed in tribal clothing with those bloody frogs! It's a huge mount of crap in one area! 

Sankampeang Road, is full of craft shops, selling lacquer ware, silverware, silk, woodcarving, leather, umbrella's, jade and honey products. Not exactly what l thought it would be but l had a tuk tuk (300 baht) and we headed off, l did purchase some cute Thai beads that are a pandora rip off and a few small items but all in all l would'nt bother. 

Baan Tawai on the other hand was well worth the trip even if l did have the grumpiest tuk tuk driver! It is cheaper than the night market to start off with and much better quality, you can even buy bags of 5 and 10 lots of tourist crap, at very cheap prices, so great if you need to take gifts Home. Loved my morning out there. Some really funky stuff, great furniture, if only l could ship it all home! 

Central Airport Plaza, was a good stop. I just love Asian supermarkets and a Robertsons Department store! Who Hoo! Bought some ridiculous kitchy junk that only Asian's have! Even has maccas for lunch, same, same! 

Warorot Market - l loved this market. The flower sellers part was stunning, so colourful, so pretty and smelt so nice, so cheap!! Also great fabrics to be boughts, l did buy soem for the bunting l have to make for our Afternoon Tea, just great. 

 Saturday Walking Street - I think this one was by far the best Street Market as it had a carnival type atmosphere to it, lots to eat, drink and buy! Coconut waffles and coconut juice first up, them dumplings! More to drink! I actually did buy a few things and finished it off with a foot massage which was not a very good one, woman completly disinterested! Oh well, it was still nice enough! 

But all in all l am all shopped out! 

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.