Existing Member?

My Asia I fell in love with Cambodia in 2002. I am fortunate enough to now be able to enjoy regular trips. I hope you enjoy following me and that the information is useful to some!

Kampot - Days 1 - 4

CAMBODIA | Friday, 17 December 2010 | Views [1303] | Comments [1]

Kampot – Days 1 – 4.

As previously mentioned this is like coming home for us, as we have made friends  in this town and feel very comfortable here. Also some friends are travelling here (Sutton Family) at the same time, so feel like locals being able to organise to catch up for coffee and lunch!!!! And know our way around!

DAY ONE ~ we head off to meet up with Darren (the boat man) and meet his new wife and baby son, Jack almost 8 weeks old! Just gorgeous and we organise the boys boat trip for Thursday. We have hired motor scooters for a couple of days and we head to Kep to have lunch at the Crab Shacks (Kimly’s) with Dee, Steve and kids. These shacks lean out over the water and are actually restaurants. Kimly’s has a great reputation and is very good. The crab are only small though and are kept very fresh in the crab baskets that are just moored outside the shacks in the ocean! Fresh!

We follow the Sutton family up to the Jasmine Valley Resort in hills over Kep and its just spectacular! Back to Kampot and a gorgeous dinner at the Riki! Long Island Iced tea’s as well. Happy Hour is form 5 – 7pm and cocktails half price – so $2 each!

DAY TWO ~ We still have the moto scooters so drive out to a new place called Villa Vedici, a gorgeous new Guesthouse along the Kampot Town side of the river, bit out of town but not too far. We hire some canoe’s and head up stream to a lovely pagoda, have a wander about and further up stream for a swim and then let the current take us back. Was really hot on the River so back to Villa V and back to town to the wonderful Mea Culpha for wood fired pizza’s and iced coffees with sweet milk!  A lazy afternoon followed by drinks and food at the Riki, the best in town. I did visit the tailors this morning before we left “Dorsu” l am having a dress and shirt made, l bought my own material and the costs are $7 for the dress and $5 for the skirt. They are simple designs so cheap, more complicated design’s are dearer.

DAY THREE ~ Bruce and Sam are off to Rabbit Island and some other Islands with Darren on his boat “Diva” I hitch a ride to the Kep to go to Lili Perls, there was some debate about whether or not it was closing down, they have relocated a lot to Phnom Penh and there are only half the beads here now, so not sure if they will close or not. I had a bracelet and two necklaces made all for the grand price of $28 and that included the beads and leather ties that they are made on!

Catch the Tuk Tuk back to Kampot and lunch with Dee and girls. The girls and l visit Dorso, Epic Arts Cafe and some supermarkets to look for chocolate for the gorgeous Paad the waiter at the Riki! He sorted out my phone and needs a treat! There is a brand new supermarket in town that we had a lovely time buying treat in and Ferrer Roche for Paad.

Dinner with Dee, girls and Denise at the Riki, lovely girl night and l do wonder how the boys are ging out on Rabbit Island!

 

 

 

 

Kampot monks

Kampot monks

Comments

1

Andrea, it's all sounding so wonderfully fabulous!! Glad you're having a ball :) Trudy xx

  Trudy Dec 19, 2010 8:48 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.