Existing Member?

My Asia I fell in love with Cambodia in 2002. I am fortunate enough to now be able to enjoy regular trips. I hope you enjoy following me and that the information is useful to some!

Welcomes

CAMBODIA | Thursday, 16 December 2010 | Views [632]

Welcome to Kampot

YAY, YAY, YAY! We are finally here. And to those that know me and what has gone on in the last 5 months, there was an element of “Will l ever be back again”. It was a thought that only hung around for a little while, but l cannot deny that it didn’t enter my mind.

This is our third trip here and all times we have spent over a week here. We have fallen in love with little town in Cambodia and its gorgeous people! Its a charming little riverside town with its run down French buildings. It has such character and such friendly happy people, we feel very relaxed and at home.

We pull up at the Rikitikitavi to a wonderful greeting from Denise and Dom, hugs all round. Our room is wonderful as per usual and up to the roof top bar and restaurant to met up with the staff and enjoy a cocktail!!

We were enjoying a drink with Denise and Dom when the Sutton family arrives! Alot of noise and more hugs and maybe a tear or two! Darren also rings to arrange a time to catch up, we will see him tomorrow and meet baby Jack! How lucky are we to feel so at home so far away from home.

We all enjoy a wonderful afternoon of catching up and a meal together and lots of laughs as the staff and the kids interact and we just feel so at home and know that this is the right place for us!

Rikitikitavi

Rikitikitavi

Tags: kampot

 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.