Existing Member?

The Traveling A team We begin our journey through New Zealand's South Island for 2 weeks, then onto the North. From there our adventure takes us across the Pacific Ocean to South America for 11 amazing weeks!

Huacachina and Ica

PERU | Thursday, 12 March 2009 | Views [547]

Top view of Huacachina

Top view of Huacachina

Still under the weather, it had been 4 days of nothing to eat for Aaron. He finally managed a plate of soup. High spirits!!

Huacachina is a desert Oasis surrounded by surreal sand dunes 5ks from Ica. A really cool place built as mainly a gringo trap.

We chilled in the pool and relaxed in the heat again. Had a nice Pizza and listened to Peruvian bands.

Th next day we headed to Ica. At the musuem we got to see and photo the amaising Ica and Nazca Trepanned heads. Skulls that were shapped from birth with wooden slats in place to elong the skull. So alien! Also mummies with turbans! eat that conservative archeologists who dont adhere to the vast sea trading farring cultures idea. Aso there was a past rasta Mummy with huge dreads...very cool indeed.

They day got better...we located the highly contraversal Museum of Ica stones. Here are 5 million year old carvings on stones with Men doing brain surgery,celestial observations, operating machines and chopping off the heads of dinosaurs..another touchy scientific spanner.

To top of the day, we booked a dune buggy and sand boardig tour. What a rush! Huge Chev V8´s sreaming up mountainous sand dunes, getting air and riding up embankments like rollercoasters. Then we would stop`in a surreal star wars esk setting and hang ten off the sand on homemade snowboards. We have never had so much fun.

Aaron´s Dad would have loved these machines, probably could have given them a good tune up too. We ended the brtillant day with a few drinks with our new amigos. Oue Peruvian amigo Antonio made us Lolo ( Peruvian woven braid from the hair) Amys has a nice shell and Aarons a cool baby sharktooth!! EXTREME

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.