Existing Member?

The Traveling A team We begin our journey through New Zealand's South Island for 2 weeks, then onto the North. From there our adventure takes us across the Pacific Ocean to South America for 11 amazing weeks!

Nazca Lines

PERU | Saturday, 14 March 2009 | Views [522] | Comments [2]

Nazca lines!

Nazca lines!

We got to Nazca in the afternoon and headed straight to the airport.

What an unbelievable experience!! The pics will never do it justice. We payed for the lowest flying plane. A 4 seater. Aaron next to the pilot.

The colours of Nazca are so previlent from the air. We swooped around every landmark and the criss crossed trapazoids lead the eye in every direction. I think this is one of the best things I have ever done in my life. The landscape echos distant memories ot the words of Eric Von Danakens´ Chariots of the Gods in my mind, I read as a child and promised my self I would one day fly over that mysterious desert of Nazca.

I can die a happy 12 year old now.

 

Comments

1

Hi Aaron and Amy, So lovely to read about your travels. You are having such a great time!!! So sorry you were so sick Aaron.Hope you havent lost to much weight?? Alls well in Ch.CH. We all send our love to you both, and look forward to your updates, even if the photos are scarey!!!!Take care of each other, safe travels, Love Ade and family.xxxxxx

  Adrienne McBeath Mar 15, 2009 2:34 PM

2

Whoooo almost the whole of Hammersmith from 2004/5 is in South America.
Marc has told me you were around.
I am currently in Santa Cruz in Bolivia and eventually heading up north. You seem to be going down south, so we have missed each other.
Good to hear from you.
Keep on making the most of it and enjoying yourself.

  Thibault Mar 20, 2009 11:45 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.