Existing Member?

The Traveling A team We begin our journey through New Zealand's South Island for 2 weeks, then onto the North. From there our adventure takes us across the Pacific Ocean to South America for 11 amazing weeks!

Magnificent Iguazu

ARGENTINA | Thursday, 16 April 2009 | Views [706]

top of the falls

top of the falls

After riding on two busses for over 24 hrs and avoiding the 'over-hyped' Resistencia, wrongly recomended by Lonely Planet as a sculpture lovers paradise, we arrived at Iguazu.

We went to the falls the following morning, and its is purely amaising. Huge thundering waterfalls surround the park. It takes a good 6-7 hours just to do the basic walks. We got on a boat which was lots of fun as we powered underneath two waterfalls and got completely drenched. A welcome event in the scorching sun. Then we hopped on to the train which takes you to the main spectacle, the mouth of the falls. Huge amounts of water plumet down to the depths below while giant rainbows arch into the heavens. Truely magnificent!

The next few days we spent hanging with a fellow Christchurchian, and lazing by our hostals pool eating agentine BBQ and talking with the locals. We headed to the river where you can see the 3 borders meet of Argentina, Brazil and Paraguay at the converging 2 rivers.

A great holiday from our holiday spent in the sun, with nice people!

 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.