Existing Member?

The Traveling A team We begin our journey through New Zealand's South Island for 2 weeks, then onto the North. From there our adventure takes us across the Pacific Ocean to South America for 11 amazing weeks!

Argentina & Salta

ARGENTINA | Saturday, 11 April 2009 | Views [526]

Up the Gondola and superb views over Salta

Up the Gondola and superb views over Salta

Arghhhh! what a breath of fresh air. We battled with busses but finally arrived in Salta at 11.30pm.Aaron still hugging the bowel trying to get the rest of Bolivia out of his system, with Amy following not to far behind. Man, Peru and Bolivia are not only a external and visual experiecne, it seems to go right through you. Ha.

Salta is a cool city, a lot lower altitude and just outside of the towering andean range. Its gorgeous lanscape of snowcapped peaks and green mountains set the scene. We meet up with a Canadian mother with her son and have been checking out the sites together, while nursing our ailments.

The Museum here is amazing. Three young mummies were found on a nearby Incan Alipine summit. Two girls and a boy. The most well preserved mummies found. They literally look alive, with all hair, skin and clothing unscathed, except for the girl which was hit by lightening twice and resembles something form night of the living dead.We all got in for free for some bizzare reason which was great because of its 30 paso entry fee.

Then we headed over to the contemporary art Museum. It had a great exhibit of metal roosters made out of mechanicle tools and part welded together. They looked awesome.!

After we relaxed and nursed our bowels, we headed out the next day up the Gondola for a picnic and a view of the city on Easter Sunday. It was nice and a cruisy day.

Still pushing shit up hill, literally we packed up and moved out to Resistencia as we make our way up to the Brazilian border for Iguazu falls.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.