Existing Member?

The Traveling A team We begin our journey through New Zealand's South Island for 2 weeks, then onto the North. From there our adventure takes us across the Pacific Ocean to South America for 11 amazing weeks!

Huaraz, Hell & back

PERU | Monday, 9 March 2009 | Views [560]

A dark dark bus ride ensued. We were 9 hours on a bus with no toilet! Sucking in turtle heads every few minutes, the cramping was so severe it put Aaron into a delerium. We got to Huaraz, deep inside the Andean Mountains at high altitude, a screaming torrent of Cerbiche had taken its toll and punished us into oblivian. Aaron gripped the bowl tight at the bus station and almost fainted with relief.By this stage the altitude sickness and fever and chest infection topped by acute dioherea had taken Aaron to hell and back...we slept.....and slept.....and slept...

For two days. We slept and ate nothing. The third day we managed to leave and see a tour of Huaraz. A tiresome but beautiful day. We drank Coca tea, ate Coca Lollies..man this shit is everywhere here..its their life.

The lagoon was amazing..so prestine and turquise amongst staggering cliffs.

Back to the coast now to the archeological splendor of Ica!

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.