Existing Member?

Lucille's Adventures in Peru Av. Fatima 820, #703, Trujillo, Peru --- www.perumission.org --- "Not all those who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien, Lord of the Rings

New Church Plant

PERU | Tuesday, 2 March 2010 | Views [458] | Comments [1]

New Church Plant

New Church Plant

We have started a new church plant here in Trujillo!  This is an exciting time for the mission.  Trujillo is a city of 1 million people and many universities.  We have felt the call to have a "downtown" church and had hoped one of the existing churches we work with would fill that call.  But that church is not in the city center and it became evident that it would not be what we desired of a city center church, so we have planted a new church.  Right now we are meeting in our offices (outside in the garden area).  Until now, we have met only on Sunday nights since Pastor Wes Baker is the Sr. Pastor of this new church plant and he has been preaching Sunday mornings at Arevelo.  God has blessed us with a new minister in Arevelo (Ricardo Hernandez) and so now starting this Sunday, March 7, we will have morning services.  We are in the midst of planning for our Maundy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter services also.  Easter Sunday will be our first official "kickoff" service.  

Please be in prayer for this new work and the leaders that are involved--both American and Peruvian.  We plan to have cell groups led by Peruvians and so also pray that those would form nicely and that the leaders would be well equipped to lead them.  

Our night services have been well attended -- Praise God from whom all blessings flow!  The picture with this story is from one of our very first night services.

Comments

1

So excited about this!!! I'm glad I was able to attend one of the services. May the Lord continue to bless you and keep you guys steadily in the path of transforming Trujillo (I think I like Trujillo more than Lima).

  Giancarlo Mondragon Apr 10, 2010 2:38 AM

About alleen

Mi amigo, Jahad!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.