Existing Member?

Lucille's Adventures in Peru Av. Fatima 820, #703, Trujillo, Peru --- www.perumission.org --- "Not all those who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien, Lord of the Rings

Sunday is a Great Day

PERU | Friday, 26 February 2010 | Views [394]

Singing Hymns at the Bakers

Singing Hymns at the Bakers

I love Sundays here.  Our routine right now includes mission lunches on Sunday.  All the families and all the interns gather together and we share a meal and then worship in English.  We sing hymns, share prayer requests and prayer together in our native tongue.  It is often a great encouragement after hours of Spanish worship.  Do not get me wrong, I do love the Spanish services.  It is a wonderful reminder of how alike we are -- Peruvians and Americans -- and to see that we are all created to worship our lord and king and we can do that in any language and it is very powerful!  It brings home how large the kingdom of God is and what is important to bind us together is that we are brothers and sisters in Christ.  So, I do love the Sunday mornings in the Spanish Church, but it is also nice to have some time of worship in your first language!  And this time of fellowship is wonderful to help keep the bonds of our team strong and to encourage one another in prayer.  So, after Spanish Church, we have a good old fashioned Southern Sunday Lunch complete with singing hymns and prayer.  Each time we end our time of worship with On Jordan's Stormy Banks I Stand.  I will never sing that song again and not fondly remember my time here in Peru.

About alleen

Mi amigo, Jahad!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.