Existing Member?

Lucille's Adventures in Peru Av. Fatima 820, #703, Trujillo, Peru --- www.perumission.org --- "Not all those who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien, Lord of the Rings

Standing Room Only at Cajamarca Concert!

PERU | Friday, 22 May 2009 | Views [236]

Touring the city of Cajamarca

Touring the city of Cajamarca

Belhaven Connections got here Wednesday to Cajamarca. We are having a great time and have had several good concerts and time with the Peruvians here in the University and Collegios (primary and secondary schools). The team is so talented and I think I am enjoying it as much if not more than the Peruvians! They have their own blog going that is in full detail. Be sure to check it out: www.belhavenconnections.blogspot.com We are here in Cajamarca until Sunday. We will take the 9 hour bus ride to Trujillo Sunday. We have a full week and a half planned of concerts, music classes and lectures, and more in Trujillo. God has really blessed their trip already! We did our first concert at the University. It was a two hour concert and it was standing room only! The auditorium holds 150 people and literally it was full and others standing in the back and sides. The Peruvians, who are not known for sitting quietly for 2 hours, did just that! And gave a standing ovation at the end. We talked about how God gave them the gifts of music and as we were talking about Jesus Christ spontaneous applause broke out. What an amazing first concert! It was a moving experience to watch the program and how the Peruvians responded! After the program, the school honored each person with a gift. As they called Michael's name out, serious applause and cheers came up from the crowd. The same was true for Danny. Both are very talented musicians. Afterwards, the crowd rushed up to the stage like a rock concert. Instant rock stars in Peru! It was crazy. We talked about it afterwards and how that can be a way for us to talk to them about Jesus and that it is not the people that are the stars, but that it is God that receives all the glory! Overall, a fantastic start to their trip. Today, Friday, we have 2 concerts at the elementary/high school. Tomorrow is a free day with a concert tomorrow night at the church. Sunday we will attend Church and then take the bus to Trujillo. I cannot even go into the schedule in Trujillo. Allen Smith has done a fantastic job at working out all the details and planning a really great week for the team, but for now. . . we are off to a roaring start!

 

About alleen

Mi amigo, Jahad!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.