Existing Member?

Lucille's Adventures in Peru Av. Fatima 820, #703, Trujillo, Peru --- www.perumission.org --- "Not all those who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien, Lord of the Rings

Muchas Gracias Anderson University RUF!!

PERU | Monday, 18 May 2009 | Views [193] | Comments [1]

Goodbye!  Thanks for all you did!  Y'all were awesome!

Goodbye! Thanks for all you did! Y'all were awesome!

Bright and early, the team got up and headed back to Lima and then home. I think someone figured out it would be about 30 hours before they got home to SC.  I pray that they have a safe and uneventful trip home and are able to rest some on the planes.

What a wonderful week and a half we've had.  And last night was a perfect ending to our time.  John Boyte preached at Larco and we had a moving worship service as always here in Trujillo.  The music was fantastic and after the service, the local band, Muyupampa, played a few songs for us and presented John with a pan flute (it has a specific name. . .sorry I cannot remember) and invited him to play a few notes with them.  He had learned throughout the week during lunch.  Also, they presented the team with a beautiful leather wall hanging engraved with everyone's name.  After the service, several church members and the pastor joined us for a farewell dinner at La Taberna a local chicken restaurant that we had been to the Sunday before, but it is very yummy!  so no one minded going again. 

I have now finished my first short term team and hopefully it all went well.  It was certainly a blessing to me to be with this group and work with them and get to know them.  I've added some pictures to the gallery so you can see some of our work yourselves.

Comments

1

Alleen, we all loved you, and could not have had a better coordinator. You're more of our Peruvian mother than anything else. Thanks for all the hard work and love. I hope all of your other groups over the next couple of months goes just as well, but don't forget us...your guinea pigs.

  Liz Tate May 26, 2009 7:22 AM

About alleen

Mi amigo, Jahad!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.