Existing Member?

Lucille's Adventures in Peru Av. Fatima 820, #703, Trujillo, Peru --- www.perumission.org --- "Not all those who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien, Lord of the Rings

The Da Vinci Code

FRANCE | Thursday, 5 June 2008 | Views [542] | Comments [5]

Inside where the pyramid inverts

Inside where the pyramid inverts

We made it to Paris on our overnight train.  Not too eventful.  We didnùt leave until 21:00 so it was basically bedtime by the time we got going.   we arrived in Paris and hit the ground running.  We have become a well oiled traveling machine!   First we found our hotel.  Walking here from the Metro, we saw the Eiffel Tower. . . and you know you are in Paris.   We checked in the hotel and they said our rooms wouldn,t be ready until noon so we left the luggage and went to see the Tower.  It is a beautiful sight.   We all went to the top.  Half took the lift and half took the stairs.   It was a good start to the day.   So we came back to our rooms which are probably no more than 10 minutes from the Tower and checked in and got fleeces, etc. and then found a lunch spot near by.  After lunch we went to Notre Dame.  And then it was to the Lourve with some shopping along the way as we spotted vendors that had enticing wares.  And we were able to haggle on the price, which is always fun!  

The Lourve was great.  We got there about 2 hours before it closed.  As we were checking in and buying tickets, the man said since we were a group, we could get a group discounts and pay only 4 € to get in.  When we got to the group ticket place, we somehow got in for free!  Score on that one.  Not sure how that happened since the English the ticket person spoke was broken at best.  So, we finished our day touring the Lourve.  We saw all the main pieces.  That place is HUGE.  So, for tomorrow, we are going to Roland Garros, then Arch de Triumph, and not sure what else.  Depends upon the time and how we are doing when we finish all of that.  I have found a shuttle to take us to the airport so that is nice!  Right now we are just resting and getting ready for dinner.  The hotel is great.  It is literally a Metro stop right out front and at least my room has a view of the Tower!

I still cannot believe that this trip only has one more day!!  But the french open is a good ending to the trip!!

For now, arrividerci!!

Tags: paris

 

Comments

1

LOVED reading about all your Europe advenutures! Cannot wait to see pics and hear all about it! Be safe and know I am praying for y'all!! Carrie K

  Carrie Kimball Jun 6, 2008 2:58 AM

2

Not sure I recognize anyone in the pics....you've all gone euro! Sounds like the trip of a lifetime...Enjoy the rest of your voyage and we'll see you back here in the States!

  Rusty Jun 6, 2008 4:56 AM

3

This brings back so many fond memories for me! I have been to all the places you went to today and are going tomorrow (except for Roland Garros). These are memories of a lifetime that will never leave you.

Thanks again, Alleen, for this wonderful gift to our sons.

  Tommy Shepherd Jun 6, 2008 8:15 AM

4

Lane, Omaha is going to be dull after what you just experienced. Have always wanted to go to the French Open even though Americans exit in the early rounds. You guys take some pictures to share and buy Alleen a glass of champagne as she has given you the trip of a lifetime. Cal

  cal wells Jun 6, 2008 1:33 PM

5

intresting reading about all your Europe advenutures!
There are 2 ways to harmony of travel and meditation
i prefer 1 way ) Lisa Rowe

  lisa Feb 24, 2009 9:14 PM

About alleen

Mi amigo, Jahad!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.