Existing Member?

Lucille's Adventures in Peru Av. Fatima 820, #703, Trujillo, Peru --- www.perumission.org --- "Not all those who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien, Lord of the Rings

Just another day on the road

SPAIN | Wednesday, 4 June 2008 | Views [482] | Comments [3]

Waiting in line to go up the towers at Sagrada Familia

Waiting in line to go up the towers at Sagrada Familia

I went back to the hostel and got dressed and packed up.  The boys were all up and finishing getting ready to go.  We went to the market and everyone enjoyed it.  It is called La Boqueria.  Everyone enjoyed it.  We had fresh fruit and even bought a few goodies to bring home.  yum!  Then we went and ate at this courtyard I had found before when rambling around.  We ate at Rossini, pizza and pasta.  pizza wasn´t served until 13:00 so we all had pasta.  Mine was the 2nd best meal i have had.  Quattro Formagio Pasta. . . oh so good!  After our lunch, we were waiting to pay when someone noticed Kabul Hostel right there on the square!  The one we had looked for and tried to stay it.  I hate to say it, but it looked SWEET!!!  too bad we didn´t find it when we got here.  The boys enjoyed throwing the frisbee and once it landed at a waiters feet (we were at an outside restaurant) and he LOVED throwing it back to the boys.  I don´t think they throw the frisbee much here!  So, we paid and then went to Sagrada Familia.  It was interesting, but after seeing the cathedrals and duomos we have seen, it was a little bit of a let down I think. 

After Sagrada Familia we went to Park Guell.  Another Gauldi landmark.  It was okay.  Again, the boys enjoyed throwing the frisbee and chilling for a few minutes.  It had a gorgeous view of the city and the sea.  After that we went back to the hostel and visited the market and some visited Dunkin Donuts.   We stocked up on fruit, nuts and other snacks for the remainder of the trip.  And then we grabbed our backpacks, which have all gained weight soemhow???  and headed to the train station.  Right now we have about an hour before our night train to Paris so me, Sumner and Taylor came in search of internet.  It took us through some beautiful little streets of Barcelona and our internet cafe is pretty cool.  Stone walls, art on the walls and they will bring you water, coke, beer, whatever to drink while you surf.  not bad.  Also, they have usb.  So i will try and see how the connection is.

We are all excited about Paris, and I hate to say it, but Roland Garros maybe even a little more!   Until Gay Pari'. . . Cheers from the world travelers!

Tags: barcelona

Comments

1

We love your writing, Alleen, and love the pictures! Watching those beards get thicker and thicker. . .have a great time in Paris!

  Mary Scott Shepherd Jun 5, 2008 5:03 AM

2

Yes, an American landmark--dunkin donuts. Glad the market was fun. Loved the pictures-especially the BMW museum. Roland Garros is awaiting you. Federer is still winning and Nadal in his man-pris. Aloha.

  Helen Jun 5, 2008 5:51 AM

3

Love, love, love the pictures! Ya'll are the cutest bunch of backpackers I have ever seen! Know ya'll are fired up about Paris and the tennis! Have fun!

  Paula Jun 5, 2008 10:08 AM

About alleen

Mi amigo, Jahad!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.