Existing Member?

Lucille's Adventures in Peru Av. Fatima 820, #703, Trujillo, Peru --- www.perumission.org --- "Not all those who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien, Lord of the Rings

Phillipians 4:13

CZECH REPUBLIC | Sunday, 25 May 2008 | Views [596] | Comments [10]

hot, hot, hot. . . jalapeno stuffed peppers!!  yummy!

hot, hot, hot. . . jalapeno stuffed peppers!! yummy!

So, we went to dinner at Bar Bar last night in Marla Strana.  A nice walk from our apartments.  Not too far.  We loved Bar Bar. it was a cool restaurant in this cellar. We had a large table and wonderful conversation to go with our yummy meal.  Lane and i shared an appetizer of jalepeno peppers stuffed with feta cheese and then fried.  It was incredible. . . incredibly HOT, HOT, HOT!!  I didn't know if Lane was going to finish his and that is when he gave the quote of the night and title of today's article.  "Phillipians 4:13"  and he did. .. finish them that is!  turner also dined on them with us, but did not think they were very hot--which I cannot understand.  They were the hottest thing I've ever eaten!  After dinner we all went back to the apartment and just crashed.

One thing you forget about over here is that it doesn't get dark until like 9 or 10 at night and it is bright daylight at 7:00 am.  Sunrise must have been closer to 5:00 am.   We got up and got going this morning by 09:30.  First we went to St. Nicholas church, right outside our front door.  And it was exceptional!!  The boys were blown away.  I think they finally realized that this trip will hold more than they could ever expect.  By mid day most all of them had admitted that they were just okay on coming here to Praha, but all think it is absolutely amazing!  And it is!!

I hate that I have not found internet with USB, but will tomorrow.  After St. Nicholas, we went to the Pissing Sculpture.. . the pictures are priceless.  It is right in front of the Franz Kafka museum and we went inside that. Kafka is crazy, but it was really interesting.  I've got to read The Trial now.  (probably should have by now i know! shame on me. . got to broaden my reading horizons.)

After that we walked up to Prague Castle by way of the old castle steps.  And got some great shots of the city from up there and the boys all together on the castle steps and then the city behind.  really cute!  We walked outside the castle through some beautiful gardens to the main gate and Hradcany Square.  As we were literally walking almost to the main gate, Harrison Hood called.  So, we met up with him and 3 of his friends at the gate around 11:45.  There is a changing of the guard every hour and at noon it is most elaborate with a band and changing of the banner also.  so, we waited for that, which was pretty cool.  And then went inside the castle and St.Vitus cathedral.  7 of us went for the 287 steps to the top to get an even better view.  It was an awesome stone spiral staircase. . . crazy ride up!  Lots of traffic. the walk up and back down was as entertaining as it was rewarding.  LOTS of walking today!!  I think the boys are finally figuring out that when I said, we will walk everywhere all over the place all day every day...  i meant it!  You just cannot appreciate how much we walk until you are here.  We are so spoiled by jumping in a car and driving 2 minutes that we cannot imagine walking where all we walk.  But it is a great way to see the city.  We always find things along the way and then we even get our exercise!  many a comment has been that we may actually lose weight on this trip despite all the pizza we are eating!

Lunch was at the Blue Garden in the Jewish part of town.  It was yummy pizza and pasta.  We all got a full belly and then said goodbye to harrison as they left to go see some other things and then they may call us to hook up with us again tonight. 

After leaving them we went to the Jewish Cemetary and a few synagogues.  Now we are back at the apartments taking a break and figuring out what else we may do, if anything, before dinner.  We've got lots of video footage.  I cannot image how David will ever edit it all.  And tons of photos!  Really fun ones and then the great scenery.  The boys have been great and I think are enjoying the trip even more than they imagined they would.

The only other thing we may do is Petrin Hill where you ride a funicular up to the top and check out the views from atop a hill overlooking Prague.  We've done a lot in just a day and a half, but that's what you have to do when here. . . you got to just do it and see it!

Tomorrow we are being picked up by our drivers for the airport at 10:00.  That should put us there by 10:30, which is perfect for our 12:30 flight to Rome.  As soon as we get to Rome tomorrow, I want to take them to the Colliseum.  Hopefully our time will work out to do just that.

I cannot wait to load pictures.  It will be so much better!  they are fun, sweet boys and the pictures are too cute.  Okay, guess that is it for now.  Going to check on them and see what our plans for the night are . . . last night we didn't eat dinner until like 21:00 so I think they are getting used to the European time. 

Until tomorrow.. . Ciao!

--ps  love the comments and the boys did also.

Tags: praha

Comments

1

These posts are great! Andrew and I have enjoyed reading them. It sounds like you guys are getting to see so much already. I hope you guys have a great time in Rome. The Pantheon is my favorite! Have fun!

  Christi Luter May 26, 2008 7:09 AM

2

Alleen! I am loving reading your journal! Just wanted to tell you about a great cheap place to eat in Rome. It is called Cul de Sac. It is close to Piazza Navonna. It has the best lasagna that I have every had. My guide called it "life changing lasagna". Our family agreed! Have a great time! Ciao!

  Angelyn Cannada May 26, 2008 8:10 AM

3

hi Alleen this Turners little brother. tell him that we said hello and we hope that he is having a good time. also tell him to call us we want to hear from him. thats about it. ciao

  the browns May 26, 2008 11:03 AM

4

Wow! I wish I was there, but reading the journal almost makes me feel like I am. Thanks for all of the detailed information. It makes it fun for everyone here to follow along. Have fun and be careful. This experience will be something you all will remember for the rest of your lives. Make sure David takes enough video.

  Bill Luter May 26, 2008 12:52 PM

5

Thanks, Alleen, for your great descriptive writing, because we're of course wanting to hear all about it all! Sounds so exciting. You hopefully are arriving in Rome about now, and we look forward to hearing more. Hello to Martin and the rest of your boys. Much love.

  Mary Scott Shepherd May 26, 2008 11:01 PM

6

This is great! I knew the boys would love Prague after they got there. I had the same experience they did. "I'm going to Prague?? Oh, boy..." But once there, I had a blast. The cobblestone streets, the outdoor cafes, the 800 year old clock with the life size figures that come out on the hour, etc. Has anyone sampled the original Budweiser (or is that a secret)? Ha!

  Tommy Shepherd May 26, 2008 11:07 PM

7

Alleen, thanks so much for the great journals! Feels like we are there! So glad you were able to connect with Harrison and some of his crew.....know they were excited to see ya'll! I'm sure you are in Rome by now having a fabulous time. I am jealous! Tell Alex and all of the guys hello for us! Ciao!

  Paula Hood May 27, 2008 1:00 AM

8

OK..so without Patterson here it has taken me a bit to figure out how to access this...thank you, Melissa and Leslie! Great updates...knew once everyone had some rest that the sky would be the limit...we are truly living vicariously thru yall! Blessings....Kelley

  Kelley Fenelon May 27, 2008 3:00 AM

9

Hello Alleen,Bob, and all!!I am at Orange Beaach and just connected the lap top this morning. Wow! Thanks so much for the "journaling" - this trip sounds amazing. I am so happy for yall. YOur probably in Rome as I write. Laura enjoyed that city so much. Meanwhile I am at the Taylor Swift concert - know yall are jealous. Have a great day and treat Allen like a queen. Janet and Helen and the rest of Jackson at Orange Beach and Destin

  Janet House May 27, 2008 3:34 AM

10

ugh so jealous!!! i wish i did all that walking haha

miss ya in mississippi

mass

  raindropsonroses May 31, 2008 12:37 AM

About alleen

Mi amigo, Jahad!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Czech Republic

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.