Existing Member?

Happily Ever After

Let me explain...

JAPAN | Friday, 19 November 2010 | Views [2320] | Comments [3]

In the famous words of Inigo Montoya, "Let me explain. No, there is too much.  Let me sum up."

Wonder where all the updates are of our trip Stateside and all the wonderful adventures we've been having since we got back to our island?  Well, I've been busy doing things like this:

(Chocolate and vanilla cookies for my co-worker's farewell party.)

And making cards like this:

(Sniff, sniff.  Sad to see people leaving our island.  But on a happy note, I actually found those stamps for 25 cents a piece in a sale bin at Michael's when I was Stateside!  Oh how I miss huge craft stores and sale bins!)

Receiving wonderful packages like this:

(Wait til you hear about all the wonderful holiday baking I have planned this year!)

And frantically trying to get out our massive number of Christmas cards (where did we meet all these people - oh wait, we're related to most of them, never mind)(hehehe) and mail out Christmas gifts before Thanksgiving so they all get there on time.  It's been a little hectic, but I haven't forgotten you all.  No sirree!  I've got all sorts of exciting posts in the making, so keep checking back (and keep the email reminders and hint-hints coming.)  I'll be back to regularly updating the site again soon!  :)

---Arielle

Comments

1

What adorable cookies! Are they tricky to make? Sorry to hear you'll lose your friend Megumi. (oh, and Roger!) Hopefully you'll be able to stay in touch with any number of these handy technologies. I know I have enjoyed hearing what my nieces and nephews are up to that way!
You'll have to look around for another cohort to explore with.
Thanks for the bonus post, but I only REQUIRE one a week. (See how generous I am? HAHAHA)

  Amy Nov 20, 2010 3:09 AM

2

All this and a Christmas card to boot! You win the distinction of first Christmas card of the season delivered to our mailbox. All the way from Japan. You do amaze me, Arielle! I believe you know how to truly enjoy the Advent season. You learned that from your mom, didn't you?

  Betsy Henning Dec 1, 2010 1:49 AM

3

Aunt Amy,
The cookies weren't too much trouble. The recipe I had actually called for marble cake mix that I then turned into two different cookie doughs. My only trouble came when I tried to lift the cut out cookies onto the baking sheets. I think the high humidity here causes my dough to be a bit more challenging to work with. But in the end, I was able to reshape the cookies back into their heart shapes. My co-worker and Brandon (who got to eat the leftovers) assure me that the cookies tasted yummy.

Betsy,
So glad the card arrived! I absolutely love Christmastime - it's my absolute favorite time of year! I love everything about it from the music to the baking to the lights and decorations to the SNOW to the happy memories to finding or making the perfect gifts to make someone else smile. I LOVE Christmastime! As they say, everything I know about loving Christmastime, I learned from my Mama! :)

  abcarlson Dec 5, 2010 10:24 PM

About abcarlson

A picturesque setting for a wedding.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.