Existing Member?

Happily Ever After

Happy 2nd Anniversary!

JAPAN | Friday, 19 November 2010 | Views [5365] | Comments [1]

On November 9, 2008, we were in Jamaica doing this:

Now, two years later, we're on a different subtropical island, but still just as much (if not even more) in love!

This year for our 2nd anniversary, we decided to get each other "Fantastic!" matching tees!

We are both huge fans of the British sci-fi show, "Doctor Who."  Surprisingly, it's actually the longest running science fiction television show in the world!  The show follows the same main character of the alien "Doctor" who travels through time and space (his time machine/space ship looks like a blue 1960s British Police Box) and manages to save Earth and many other planets and civilizations week after week.  The Doctor regenerates when his body is near death, so the series is able to continue with a number of different actors having the main role throughout the years.  I was introduced to it in 2005 during the Doctor's 9th regeneration played by Christopher Eccleston.  Brandon started watching the show during the Doctor's 10th regeneration, the talented David Tennant, and we have been enjoying the show together ever since.  And we can both agree with our new t-shirts - you truly never forget your first Doctor.  Mine favorite will forever be Nine and Brandon will always compare other regenerations to Ten.

In fact, we (meaning me) put number patches on our sleeves to proudly declare our "first Doctor."

Don't we just make the cutest geeky couple you know?  :)

Of course, we couldn't pass up a gift "every" serious Doctor Who fan "must" have as part of their collection - their very own levitating TARDIS!

My sweet hubby surprised me with this couple-gift (meaning I have to share it) and if I wasn't already madly in love with him, this would have sealed the deal!  hehehe

Of course we had to break out the sonic screwdriver he bought me for our first Christmas to complete the picture:

We also celebrated with yummy desserts!

Brandon had a lovely layered piece of chocolate cake:

And I had a delicious piece of white cake with white icing (my favorite!)

And because neither of us had talked about who was picking up dessert, we both brought home some goodies!  Which meant we had my absolute favorite white cake, white icing, and strawberries the following night!

Overall, we had a wonderful 2nd anniversary!  And looking forward to celebrating many, many more!

---Arielle

Comments

1

Really glad to have you back in the swing of posting!!
So happy to see you proudly declare your geekiness, this is truly a match made in heaven! ;)

  Amy Nov 20, 2010 3:03 AM

About abcarlson

A picturesque setting for a wedding.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.