Existing Member?

Happily Ever After

Food, fun, and fireworks

USA | Wednesday, 21 October 2009 | Views [577]

Cousin Brian and his beautiful family - Little Ricky and Lynette; Arielle in two fleece jackets, and Brandon

Cousin Brian and his beautiful family - Little Ricky and Lynette; Arielle in two fleece jackets, and Brandon

We had a wonderful, albeit, whirlwind of a trip to PA for Joy's wedding.  Between squeezing in some appointments, speed shopping, and dress fittings, we were able to catch up with some of my family and friends.  We even got to watch a Steelers game on TV with Mimi and Pappy!  (Steelers won!  Yay!)

Thursday night we had a campfire out back of my parents' place with lots of wonderful food and plenty of laughter.  Being acclimated to the subtropical weather of Okinawa meant that I was still quite chilly even after I layered in two fleece jackets, but it was well worth the shivering!  (And Mimi provided us with lots of hot chocolate which helped!)  It was so nice to see everyone that was able to make it and to stock up on hugs while I could.  For those of you who we didn't get to see - hopefully we'll be able to connect next year when we're back again.  We don't have our travel schedule for next year hammered out yet, but we're going to try our hardest to make it back to the States (PA and NE) once a year while we're living abroad.  There are a few fun photos from the campfire in our gallery, so check 'em out.  Thank you to everyone who brought food, fun, and fireworks!  :)

---Arielle

About abcarlson

A picturesque setting for a wedding.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.