Existing Member?

Happily Ever After

"We all live in a yellow submarine!"

JAPAN | Tuesday, 20 October 2009 | Views [669] | Comments [2]

Brandon on lead guitar, Arielle on bass, and Mama sang lead vocals.  Lots of fun!!!

Brandon on lead guitar, Arielle on bass, and Mama sang lead vocals. Lots of fun!!!

While Mama was here, we purchased the latest RockBand game, "RockBand: The Beatles," to provide us with hours of fun and a good way to unwind in the evenings.  

For all you who aren't familiar with RockBand, it's a video game where you choose from playing lead guitar (using a plastic guitar-shaped controller), bass guitar (again using a plastic guitar-shaped controller), the drums (yes, we actually own a four-headed plastic drum set), and vocals (complete with a microphone.)  Depending on what instrument/s you choose, the notes and/or words appear on the TV screen for you to play.  For the Beatles game, we sang and played to all Beatles songs.  (I have many happy memories of harmonizing to Beatles songs with my Daddy and Uncle Richard on our two hour drives to the ski slopes each year.) 

Brandon played lead guitar, I played bass, and Mama did an incredible impersonation of John Lennon on lead vocals.  She rocked!  :)  We had a lot of fun playing, and Mama - we're still practicing for when you come back!  

---Arielle

Comments

1

I played through all of Beatles Rockband within 2 evenings and am waiting for "permission" to buy more songs! I played through quite a bit before I was willing to share with Justin though. :)

  Randi Oct 21, 2009 9:09 AM

2

Randi,
I can definitely understand the addiction! :)
Hope things are well with you guys!
Love,
Arielle

  abcarlson Oct 21, 2009 9:48 AM

About abcarlson

A picturesque setting for a wedding.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.