Existing Member?

Happily Ever After

Day 3...

USA | Wednesday, 4 February 2009 | Views [442]

Ok less stuff taken care of today, but that's mainly only because it took so long at every place we went.

1. The problem for the day came mainly from setting up a bank account.  Long story short they put the money in someone else's account instead of ours.  Once that was sorted out we got the money to pay most of the appartment costs.

2. We ate at a nice curry resturant that you could sit and watch the ocean.  Hard to believe any day of the week we want we can easily go see the ocean and enjoy the view.

3.  We got our furniture setup to be delivered to our appartment.  So it was nice to know that part was taken care of fairly painlessly.

4. Dropped off some paperwork for our car.  We should be able to pick it up on Friday, but most likely we will get a loaner until Monday.  It will be nice to have our own car, so we can get around easily and as time permits to explore.  That said our sponsor has been awesome! (note there are no real good street names around here if any, so we'll see how many times we get lost!)

5. We got some pots and pans free from my boss's boss.  Since he was getting rid of them and we needed something to get us through until our stuff arrives.

6. I have tomorrow off so we will be sorting through everything we have gotten and figure out a plan of attack for the weekend and going forward.

One thing I have found interesting are the clouds that have come through the last couple of days remind me of storm clouds in the spring.  However, it doesn't rain and I assume move out into the the ocean fairly quickly.

And yes...laptop is still broke.  Figured I have mentioned that the last couple days, so why stop there. :)

- brandon

About abcarlson

A picturesque setting for a wedding.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.