Existing Member?

Mid Life Crisis - Kilimanjaro 2015 Challenger both Body and Mind

Oh you have changed – Kilimanjaro Blog

TANZANIA | Tuesday, 28 July 2015 | Views [1093]

South West Coast Path Walk

South West Coast Path Walk

YES I have

 

It is my first day of holiday after finishing working for Oxford Innovation on the GrowthAccelerator service and I am out the door at 615am for a conversation with a business connection!

Ouch you may think, but I am loving it and enjoying the sunshine as we have a walk. So glad I got up early. 

So whilst waiting for this connection I thought, I am loving life. So I drafted this.

Doing things differently means what may have been a boring coffee shop meeting has turned into a walk to a local landmark (Ham Hill) and looking for 30 miles in three directions.

I am often meeting friends, family and contacts who are always saying, "oh you have changed"

YES I have. I have changed during my last two years more than I can ever have imagined. I learnt so much from the GrowthAccelerator role, I realised how lucky I was to be constantly in contact with people who challenged me, coaches, colleagues, clients.

I think I have changed more over the last two years than any other time that I can remember.

I have a purpose to my life, I have the most wonderful and supportive wife (Tracey) and family, but I have grown in knowing what I want, knowing what makes me happy.

A massive point in this understanding was realising what motivates me. I have had my fair share of psychometric profiling, but this tool called Motivational Maps, enlightened me about 12 months ago. So much so it took me three months to understand the outcomes. I was so impressed that I and now a fully qualified and certified practitioner. It made me realise why I had left certain roles in the past, but it also helps me inform my future and review options that come along, if they are what I "REALLY" want.

I am a searcher, who wants to make a difference, with a free spirit so I like to be in charge of my own activities, able to prioritise to make sure I deliver but immensely proud of my personal business reputation and I want it to keep growing for the better.

When I look at what is happening in my life, I owe a lot to what I understood about myself in my last role and I am passionate about making a difference for the local area, currently focused and working so hard on helping Somerset Cruse Bereavement Care but also within the thriving business community.

Hence why I am fundraising for Somerset Area Cruse Bereavement Care, climbing a mountain and focusing on my consultancy business, working with local businesses to help make sure they think about the future, have the vision and also the processes to be able to cope with the growth I aim to help them achieve.

My main aim is to make sure they are challenged; understanding themselves, loving it and I am able to support them towards their end game, whatever that is.

So, if you have already supported me, and would like to do more, please share this blog with your connections who may wish to support a Somerset man who wants to #achieveandgivesomethingback. And of course if you have been meaning to help me to help Cruse Bereavement Care Somerset, https://www.justgiving.com/Tony-Mattravers/.

Tags: challenge, charity, frustration, hard work, killimanjaro, panic, panic, summit, trekking

About tony_mattravers


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Tanzania

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.