Existing Member?

Worldtrip a 45 year old's adventures around the world-which include everything from sitting in random McDonalds using his notebook, hanging with 22 year olds, and other immature stuff.

Greyfrier Bobby

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 20 May 2015 | Views [458] | Comments [3]

Oh yes-Bobby. I learned about him in the Edinburgh Museum, and also I went to the graveyard later called Greyfriers, where many famous have been buried. Perhaps no more famous then John Gray-who was a poiiceman. Bobby was his dog, and supposidly aftter Gray was burried here, Bobby visited his  fomer master's grave every day for 14 years.  This was written about big time, even made into a Disney movie.   I don't know where Bobby was burried, though.

Comments

1

I just love those stories, thank you again for sharing !
xx

  Dany McLean May 21, 2015 3:00 AM

2

Oh, I read the book about Greyfriars Bobby when I was a young girl. I was into dogs and horses then, so I read all of the Albert Payson Terhune collie books as well as the Black Stallion series. Greyfriars Bobby was a sad bbok...

  Patti Lynn May 26, 2015 5:12 AM

3

Yes, I think I heard of him as well. I also flipped through a book that said there are holes in the story-that 2 dogs came to the cemetery-and neither belonged to Bobby's owner-I don't know though!

  davidpearlman May 26, 2015 6:20 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.