Existing Member?

Yohans life and blog of interesting things Hello readers and welcome to my blog! My name is Yohans. I really like cheese, my little ponies and things with brightly coloured patterns. I don’t like so much, mushrooms and zombies.

Day 1 the start of the trip York to London

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 30 June 2012 | Views [255]

Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}

Day 1 the start of the trip York to London

Turns out our waterproofs are not so waterproof after all.....

 

Yohans and Ians set off on a Euro adventure, with Len (the motorbike). The trip length is 3 weeks, planned millage 3,000…..

 

We actually spent some time planning this trip, as far as a start and end date with a few places to stay along the way. In the past when I have travelled with my old chum Ians planning has not always been our strong point. We therefore felt quite prepared. Ians had just come back from the states a few days earlier and had taken Len along the old route 66.

 

As we were planning I wrote down useful pieces of information such as the address and dates of where we were staying, contact numbers etc. However I seemed to misplace this piece of paper and Ians computer had broken the day before wiping off all the information. We discovered the day before that we didn’t actually have any record of where we were meant to be going on what date, not even a rough guess of what country.

 

After searching various emails we managed to work out what we had booked and where. I decided from now on we needed something reliable to write these important informations down in, I found a cool leather bound unicorn note book my flatmate had given me. It was perfect. How could we go wrong with the unicorn book!

 

Armed with the unicorn book we decided to do a last minute check of things like passports and ferry/train times. The plan was that Ians was going to come up Saturday night and we would set off Sunday morning to London for the euro star. Upon checking the information we found out that we were actually mean to be getting the Euro star on Saturday. Luckily we managed to change the train date and we set off Monday as we had already booked our first nights accommodation in Paris Monday night. I think this start to the trip was a sign, a sign that nothing was going to run quite as smoothly as planned.

 

That Friday night Dave came to stay which was really cool and he waved us off Saturday night after feasting on some pretty tasty Thai food.

 

7pm Saturday night, and off we set. Not a cloud in the sky…..

 

Of course it didn’t stay like that for long and we soon discovered that our waterproofs were not so waterproof after all. For some reason when riding a motorbike the first thing to get wet is the old crotch! Then the knees. I still remember that awful feeling of freezing cold water seeping into my crotch area. There is nothing quite like it.

 

The weather was horrendous pretty much all the way there. We decided to stop off at a rather rage service station for some moral boosting snacks and a coffee. This was around 11pm I think. We opted for a KFC. Ians ordered some kind of chicken with bones and I asked for the ‘mini breasts’ note the use of the s after breast indicating that there is more than one. What I actually got was one mini breast and some fries. I tried to go and complain but the lady at the counter didn’t seem to understand that I was in fact expecting multiple breasts and tried to sell me additional breasts. In the end I gave up and skulked back to my seat to eat my one measly breast.

 

We set off again and as we put on our helmets it started to rain. After hours and a cheeky little petrol stop the sat nav final said that we had arrived at our destination. For some reason I had in my head that our hotel was called imotep. It was infact called ibis or something.

 

Although the sat nav said we had arrived all we could see was an industrial estate with a few very skedgy houses. Upon further investigation the ibis was round the corner and down a rather rapey looking ally. We checked in and dried off.

 

Throughout this trip there will be certain ratings. How soft the pillows were is rated on a scale of 1-5 and the symbol for this is breasts. This comes from the saying pillows as soft as the breasts of virgins. If the pillows are really bad then negative numbers up to – 5 are represented by old man hips.

 

The food is rated 1-5 with a picture of a croissant. And our spirits are rated 1-5 with little ghosts. I will see if there is a way of uploading them to the blog but I’m not quite sure how yet so for now I will just write them at the bottom of each page.

 

Needless to say that night in the ibis was pretty rage. I noticed just before we put the lights out that there were a couple of cheeky little wall type fleas next to Ians bed. This made me chuckle a bit because they were not next to me. I documented them in the unicorn book and will try and upload the picture later.

 

The pillows were not so soft and the breakfast was full of rages and a little kid that felt my butt! The coffee was alright though

 

Ratings for this day include

Virgins tits :       2

Croissants :        2

Ghosts :                2  

 

About yohanssimpson


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.