Existing Member?

Itchy Feet

Bangkok Again

THAILAND | Saturday, 8 August 2015 | Views [204]

We headed back to Bangkok for a couple of days before our flight to London departed on the 6th. We stayed at the same place we had all those weeks ago at the beginning of our trip and met up with another Thai Intro group being led by Adam. That evening we went out clubbing with them all on Khao San Road just as we had on our second night in Bangkok and reminisced about our first week with Thai Intro.

The next day we slept in for half the day and decided that Full Moon and more clubbing had killed us - time to stay off the alcohol for 5 days and let our bodies recover before the week long festival we're going to in Budapest! We did a bit of present shopping in the afternoon before meeting up with Huub to go to the Sky Bar, 64 floors up at the top of the hotel where 'The Hangover 2' was filmed. I can see why the producers chose that location to film from as the views are stunning. It was nice to see a different side to Bangkok (upper class swanky rather than hippie traveller) however our budget's were certainly more suited to the hostel, street food scene. Having spent way more than we budgeted for the whole trip our pockets were tight for the last few days so we just had the one cocktail each! 

On our last day we ventured out to the market for more shopping and wandered around taking in the atmosphere. That evening we met up with my flatmate from Uni, Margaux, who had just landed in Bangkok to start her month of travels. We had the most delicious yellow curry for dinner and toasted her first and our last night of our travels. Afterwards we went to the spa to use up the rest of our Thai Baht and had a pedicure and foot scrub.

Travelling is the best thing I've ever done and I've had the time of my life over the last 9 weeks meeting great people and seeing amazing places. I certainly have the travel bug and am itching to go again! 

Y x 

 

About ymoughton


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.