Existing Member?

Itchy Feet

Hue

VIETNAM | Monday, 13 July 2015 | Views [180]

7 of us had booked a dorm room in the hostel together but they had fully booked so we got upgraded to 2 hotel style private rooms - for the same price of $4 a night! Huub, Vicky and I ended up sharing the room and it was luxury, just what we needed after spending 10 hours on the bikes.

Vicky and I spent the day in Hue wandering round the Imperial City while the boys got their bikes fixed. Hue used to be the capital city of Vietnam before Hanoi and the Imperial City is where the Emperor and his family lived. Lots of it got destroyed by the many wars but they have restored a lot of it and are rebuilding it too.

We had a 'last supper' with the boys that evening - after spending the last 2 weeks travelling together we're going our separate ways as they have more time in Vietnam than us so are stopping off at various places on the way to Hanoi whereas we're going straight there. 

After dinner we headed to Brown Eyes club which was definitely a local hangout. It was filled with Vietnamese people (including a few Mum's and Grandma's!) who absolutely loved us and danced with us a lot. It was pretty easy to spot us as we were head and shoulders above most of the crowd! We had such a fun night and ended up bumping into some people we met in the hostel in Hoi An.

Y x 

About ymoughton


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.