Existing Member?

Itchy Feet

Nha Trang

VIETNAM | Monday, 6 July 2015 | Views [207]

We really don't have much luck with the sleeper buses - our bus to Nha Trang crashed into an oncoming truck! Luckily no one was hurt but we had to wait for another bus to come adding about 3 hours to our journey. We're both nervous for the 12 hour bus journey to Hoi An today, praying for no hiccups! 

When we finally arrived we ended up walking round Nha Trang trying to find our hostel and we were beyond starving - it was 9pm and we hadn't eaten since breakfast. Needless to say we were both pretty grumpy!

Vicky was planning the first day so it wasn't surprising when we ended up doing something quirky - an egg themed mud bath. It was basically a giant egg filled with mud that you bathed in. The whole resort was egg themed including the food in the restaurant; I wonder who thought of putting eggs with mud and coming up with a spa facility?! We had a really relaxing day and reflected a bit on the trip so far and what we might do next. 

The hostel we stayed in on our second night had come highly recommended. Mojzo Inn has the cutest Vietnamese girls running it (Twin, Snow and Gem) and they completely made our stay there. So adorable!

We met up with Huub (one of the guys from the group in Mui Ne) in the evening and the three of us went out for dinner and on to a bar. He had us in stitches most of the night with his hilarious stories! The next day we had to check out in the morning but the bus to Hoi An wasn't until 7pm so we spent the day at the beach.

I can't believe we're half way through!! It has gone so quickly and we are having way too much fun! 

Y x 

Note: One thing we've learnt is that conditioner is like gold dust; if you leave it in the hostel bathroom it will get nicked...

 

About ymoughton


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.