Existing Member?

Itchy Feet

Kuala Lumpur

MALAYSIA | Sunday, 28 June 2015 | Views [187]

KL has been a bit of rest stop for us which was just what we needed after the craziness of Thailand! We're staying in a nice hostel called Sunshine Bedz which has a great location within the Golden Triangle. The luxury at this hostel is being able to flush toilet paper down the toilet instead of putting it in a bin - it's the small things!

We did sooo much walking on our first day in KL so were subsequently knackered in the evening. We wandered round Central Market and the street markets and bought Vicky some shoes to replace the ones she lost.

The main thing that we both wanted to do in KL was see the Petronas Twin Towers and the KL Tower. In the evening we went up the KL tower to see the view over the city aiming to be up there for sunset. However, on the way we got completely lost and walked round for 40 mins trying to find how to get there - we could see it up above just couldn't work out how to get there on foot! Even though we missed the sunset it was still amazing to see the city at night time. We were also allowed to go into the revolving restaurant which was cool.

Afterwards, we walked across to the Petronas Towers which were amazing. We didn't go up them but it was still great to see the sheer size of them from down below. 

We've utilised the multiple shopping malls here to stock up on various bits and bobs we need before heading to Vietnam where, according to two Australian guys we met, "it's so povo there, you won't be able to find Western stuff like shampoo and conditioner". 

Malaysia hasn't been my favourite place but I'm glad we came here anyway.

Y x

About ymoughton


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.