Existing Member?

Itchy Feet

Koh Phangan

THAILAND | Saturday, 13 June 2015 | Views [196]

We took a ferry to Koh Phangan (one of the islands in the South of Thailand) and on the way sorted out our onward travel plans. We've decided to finish our Thailand travels with Gemma and Megan, two British girls we've become friends with this week.

Once we got to the island we bundled in to two taxis to get to the hotel. Taxis over here are quite a different concept, it's basically a pick up truck with a roof and an open back. 12 of us were in each one and they drive so fast, it felt like we were in the beginning of Saving Private Ryan going off to war in the back of a truck knowing that one of us was going to die. 

As soon as we got to the hotel we all dumped our bags and had cocktails in the infinity pool while the sun was setting.

Our first night on Koh Phangan was a beach party. We all got Thai Intro tops, covered ourselves in paint and partied on the beach with fire shows being performed by the locals. Vicky and I got involved with one guy swinging the fire balls round us while we clung to each other for dear life.

Y x

About ymoughton


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.