Existing Member?

William's Walk The Great Walk on the Great Wall of China is fantastic. As the son of a cancer victim, I take great pleasure doing my share towards fighting cancer. Walking on the Great Walk is so challenging, but I will beat it, just like we’re going to beat cancer…

Chinese President Hu Jintao Urge Continued Effort

CHINA | Friday, 16 May 2008 | Views [1007]

President Hu Jintao and The Survivors

President Hu Jintao and The Survivors

Chinese President Hu Jintao has arrived Mianyang City of the disastrous area. He visited the injury camps and the medication stations; he said though the best time of rescue was running out, the government would never give up rescue actions. More arrangement in terms of rescue and medication supporting has been instructed.

Hu Jintao has met with Premier Wen Jiabao for a brief meeting. Both agreed "to put the top priority to saving people's lives".

The casualty number has rised to 22,069 according to the official figure. Fortunately, today all the major roads are repaired for transportation and electricity is back to service after several days of urgent restorement.

Now, rescue teams have arrived at every villiage. The rescue is faster than ever. However, the following days are going to have rain again, which may slow down the rescue process.

Let's pray for a good weather and faster rescue!

Tags: china earthquake

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.