Existing Member?

William's Walk The Great Walk on the Great Wall of China is fantastic. As the son of a cancer victim, I take great pleasure doing my share towards fighting cancer. Walking on the Great Walk is so challenging, but I will beat it, just like we’re going to beat cancer…

Survivor - Buried 100 Hours

CHINA | Friday, 16 May 2008 | Views [755]

Buried 100hours Survivor

Buried 100hours Survivor

Mr. Liu, a survior rescued after buried in the ruins for 100 hours, is found by the life detector.

Military troops and professional rescue teams are equiped with this powerful electronic tool to keep on searching the survivors. The device is able to find the life 10 meters deep into the ground.

Mr. Liu was missing on his way delivering cargo to the epicenter client on May 12. Unfortunately, he was then buried deep inside the collapsed building. When the detector received life signal from the ruins of his place on May 14, the fireman called his wife and daughter according to their registration. Then his family came to stay outside of the collapsed building keep on talking with him to keep him awake; while the rescue is progressing, getting his legs out of the heavy cement frames stuck.

Late this afternoon, he was successfully saved. He said with his weak voice "I know I can eventually be saved. I know the rescue action is progressing above my bury."

Tags: china earthquake

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.