Existing Member?

William's Walk The Great Walk on the Great Wall of China is fantastic. As the son of a cancer victim, I take great pleasure doing my share towards fighting cancer. Walking on the Great Walk is so challenging, but I will beat it, just like we’re going to beat cancer…

Love is endless

CHINA | Friday, 9 May 2008 | Views [783]

Having been back home for a few days, I from time to time recalled the lovely faces and cheerful voices of the team members. Yeah, now they are everywhere back to their home too. Just like a dream of legend, we have been walking together, for conquering the Great Wall of China, while indirectly to inspire people to beat cancer.

I don’t know how much I can do further to continue the appeal. I’m these days sharing my experience with my friends. We’re reviewing the pictures taken by me on the Wall, sharing each other’s stories of loosing our relatives, friends to cancer or to the difficulty of life. Sometimes, we even talk the spirit of struggling against difficulties with a tissue in hand. Nobody would like to give up if anything happens to us…

My friends are admiring me for the participation of the appeal, while I shared with them that I wouldn’t have chance to participate the Walk if without the help from my company Worldnomads.com. We’re all working in companies; some company just loads us with piles of papers and projects, while Worldnomads.com is not only a brilliant commercial company, but also a company with very much social responsibilities. The company has donated favorable money to help the poor to clean drinking water in Nepal; the company is also a carbon-neutral company; etc.

So, what’s our value of existence? Working for money or happiness under our own roof? No! A person’s value is linked to the world. Though we’re just a tiny part of the population, if everybody can have a love heart toward other people especially the inferior, we can build a more beautiful world full of helping hands.

As one friend told me, “If you woke up this morning in good health, you have more luck than one million people of the world, who won’t live through the week.” I believe this is true. We’re all happy because we’re lucky. Let’s give a hand to those unlucky to make the world a lovely planet.

The website of the Great Walk is www.greatwalktobeijing.com. It will be supported live till the end of the year according to the organizers. Come on, friends! You got to do a share to the fight!

Tags: great walk to beijing, williams walk, world nomads

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.