Existing Member?

William's Walk The Great Walk on the Great Wall of China is fantastic. As the son of a cancer victim, I take great pleasure doing my share towards fighting cancer. Walking on the Great Walk is so challenging, but I will beat it, just like we’re going to beat cancer…

Finishing, Moving and Forever

CHINA | Tuesday, 29 April 2008 | Views [810]

William with Olivia Newton-John

William with Olivia Newton-John

The hotel has provided good service as I received the morning-call exactly at 6:00am. I'm excited and energetic as I get ready to complete the final part of the walk today.

We started from the left part of Juyongguan Wall, steep and high. I can't help resting at the half hour interval, drinking water like a horse. So is the same with the other walkers.

Some tourists come to ask why we're walking. I explained to them the organization of this Walk, and as you’d anticipate, they're very moved as many have lost their relatives to cancer.

When we're doing the final media conference, more and more people gathered around. I saw some people were in tears listening about what we were doing. Olivia said the website www.greatwalktobeijing.com is to open for donation till the end of this year, so the audience can have chance to do their share to the great work of building the hospital.

I've taken quite a few pictures of the walk. I'll share these, as well as my feelings with my friends for helping to raise funds. I'll also seek more chances to let people know about this good work.

The walk is finished, but the contribution to the sick is never done. For me, I will continue to do good things to help the poor, the sick, the frustrated or whoever else needs help.

The value of our existence is not only about making our own happy life, but also for bringing happiness to others...

Tags: great walk to beijing, olivia newton-john, williams walk, world nomads

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.