Existing Member?

William's Walk The Great Walk on the Great Wall of China is fantastic. As the son of a cancer victim, I take great pleasure doing my share towards fighting cancer. Walking on the Great Walk is so challenging, but I will beat it, just like we’re going to beat cancer…

Stage 6 – Day One of "William’s Walk"

CHINA | Monday, 28 April 2008 | Views [697]

Suddenly awakened by the alarm, it's about time to go. I realized that I have woken up several times during the night.

The organization of the Walk is perfect; we had our breakfast on the bus.

We started to climb the mountains at 10:00am. The starting village was beautiful, but we were more anxious to walk on the Wall than to stop for site seeing.

The scenery of the Great Wall is amazing, especially the path that we chose – it’s not often visited by ordinary travellers. Most of the Wall is still in its original ancient style, collapsed and eroded; however it was the Wall, which had prevented ancient China from invasions. The trees are just beginning to turn green; some trees are even full of white or pink flowers.

Though most of the walkers are famous people, they are so easy to get along with. They are kind, generous, cheerful and always with helpful minds. It's no matter how big a name they are, they do the contribution to the “Fight” just as ordinary people.

So if everyone in the world can contribute a small part to the fight against cancer, we will progress a big step!

Tags: beijing, bupa international, cancer, cancer support, china, great walk to beijing, olivia newton-john, williams walk, world nomads, worldnomads.com

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.