Existing Member?

William's Walk The Great Walk on the Great Wall of China is fantastic. As the son of a cancer victim, I take great pleasure doing my share towards fighting cancer. Walking on the Great Walk is so challenging, but I will beat it, just like we’re going to beat cancer…

Coastal Road Walk - Water Well

CHINA | Tuesday, 22 April 2008 | Views [717]

At the north-east border of Guangxi Province, there is a rural primary school named Luxiwan amongst the mountains. There are a total of about 220 students and teachers, however they have to spend more than one hour to get their daily water supply from a remote well, which is the only water source around but polluted through years of usage since decades ago.

The ‘5183 outdoor sports Club’ has been supporting the poor pupils continuing their school education since 2004. This time, the target is to raise enough funds to dig a new well inside the village. To raise funds, the Club held a walk this weekend. Although the weather was forecast to be rainy because of a typhoon, there were still more than 300 walkers who participated in the walk.

A large number of the comers didn’t have outdoor sports experience, however all people finished the planned route in the rainy and windy day. It’s no matter how hard the walk was, the most important thing was we saw so many participants and no one wanted to give up when the rain started. We know each one is just a tiny share of the contribution, but we believe our efforts can benefit them generations on…

Tags: 5183 outdoor sports club, charity, guangxi, rain, supporting education, typhoon, water, williams walk

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.