Existing Member?

Vagabonding Our time being 'of no fixed abode'.

Great Eversden (nr Cambridge)

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 23 July 2007 | Views [1348]

Unfortunately, but predictably, we got stung for MOT repairs to Vinnie. Of a list of a dozen or so faults I managed to fix about 5 of them, armed with just a pocket knife. For the rest we needed to leave Vinnie at the garage in Cambridge for nearly a week. Fortunately, we have good friends here and it meant we could have more time with Guy, Shelagh and Anna in Great Eversden. Anna is great fun and we became good friends J

We visited a dolls house supply place nearby that I’d been wanting to check out for a few years. And we also swung by the nearby village called Wendy. When Guy’s mum came to stay we decamped to the tent in the backyard and then another friend in the village, Robert, said we could use his place while we has at a storytelling festival over the weekend. We really loved his cottage, full of interesting things.

On Sunday night we went to the pub quiz at the nearest still open pub (the local Hoops has been shut and there’s strong protest from the community – led by Robert, so hopefully they’ll get it back). Robert was quiz master but this didn’t help us! Having lived in a van for nearly two months now – no telly and only the occasional newspaper, our current affairs knowledge was abysmal. Guy and Shelagh knew a few, but still victory escaped us this time!

It’s now Monday 23rd July and we’re hoping we can collect Vinnie today and hit the road again.

Tags: Relaxation

 
 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.