Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 111 - 20th July 2016 Wednesday - To Dunedin

NEW ZEALAND | Thursday, 21 July 2016 | Views [343]

We left Te Anau before 8am and travelled to Dunedin. The sky’s are clear and the sun is shining. The countryside is very pictures with rolling hills and nice green paddocks. We stopped and took photos of the sheep and cattle being strip fed on turnips and swedes  in the mud. We stopped in Clinton for morning tea and arrived in Dunedin by 11.30am. This was earlier than we expected so we went to the Wains Hotel to see if we could check in. The lady took pity on me and said we could even though check in isn't until 2pm. We had to park the car off site at a cost of $15. We had lunch and then walked to Cadbury World where we wanted to do a tour.  It is school holidays and also the one week of the year that Cadbury are running some 63 events to celebrate Chocolate Carnival.  We managed to get a tour starting in half an hour. We went to the retail outlet and bought some samples, Cadbury carry bags and magnets. We also had a look around the museum. Our tour was interesting and covered the history of Cadbury and chocolate, we visited the Sensory Lab, tasted the warm chocolate creation we made, saw chocolate being tempered and saw the unique Cadbury World chocolate fall. We collected samples as we went and I would say the $20 entry fee was refunded in kind. Very enjoyable. We then wondered to the historic railroad station, museum and Chinese garden. From here mum headed back whilst I ventured on looking for tourist shops and fishing shops.  I bought a T Shirt and some small floats, and fishing knives. I headed back to the Hotel arriving as it started to rain at 5pm. I had parked the car in the wrong place no so had to go no move it. Meant I could pick up my rain coat. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.