Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 101 – 10th July 2016 Sunday – Blenheim, Picton and Nelson

NEW ZEALAND | Monday, 11 July 2016 | Views [399]

We were up and on the road just after 7.30am. We were lucky that there was no frost and it was a clear morning. I believe it wasn't as cold as yesterday morning. We arrived in Blenheim which is where Dwayne did a wine vintage a few years ago. We found a park where we had a cup of tea and a toilet break before deciding to go on to Picton. Picton is where you catch the ferries to the North Island. It was drizzling when we arrived so we only walked around the pier area for a short time before setting the GPS for Nelson. Well the lady in the box took us along the windy coastline where to go 33 km it took an hour. The mountains join up with the sea and the road is just hugging the coastline. We arrived in Nelson around 1pm and went to our park at Tahuna Beach Kiwi Park where we have a two bedroom cabin with facilities. We decided to do a load of washing (took 2 hours) before heading out to explore. We went to the supermarket and also a cheap shop before getting fuel. We stopped at the beach parking area just down from our park and went for a 40min walk on the beach. There actually was sand but it is very dirty and very fine grained. There were people everywhere walking, more than in Adelaide at Brighton Beach. It is obviously a popular walking spot. The fact that it is a lovely sunny day, 11C might have something to do with it. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.