Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 95 – 4th July 2016 Monday – Flight Home

VIETNAM | Tuesday, 5 July 2016 | Views [282]

I wondered back to Vincom for opening at 9.30 as I wanted to buy another thermos to take to NZ. Near Vincom as I went to step off the footpath my ankle twisted and I fell down scraping my little toe and knee. Luckily nothing was broken. I headed for the supermarket to buy some bandages and antiseptic spray to clean up on my return to the hotel. I was so busy looking around when I realised it was 11.15 and I had to check out of my room by 12 noon. I rushed back and quickly showered and packed my bags. I managed to get everything organised and was downstairs on time. I paid my car pick up bill of VND 675k or US$30. After checking out I spoke with the Manager about staying on our return trip in Sept and haggled a price with him. Agreed on US $23 a night for the smaller room, approx VND 500k a night. I paid a deposit of VND 500k. I then went and had a quick lunch. I had bought KFC custard tarts on my way back and so I took these to a café where I ordered fries and a beer. The hotel car took me to the airport and I was the only one at the check in counter. Luckily I thought after all the trouble I had had trying to check in on line. After clearing immigration I sat upstairs in the restaurant area for an hour before going to the gate. The plane left only a little late and we arrived in Kuala Lumper with only 1 ½ hours until our next flight. I found a quiet place to sit and then boarded. It was an uneventful flight home and I had no problems with customs. They looked at the bamboo speakers and chop sticks and all was ok. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.