Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 81 – 20th June 2016 Monday – Almanity Pool

VIETNAM | Tuesday, 21 June 2016 | Views [224]

Kevin rode with Mike and Andrew to Montgomery Golf links. I did some study on my last TESOL elective while I waited for Dram to show for her lesson. Next thing Dung turns up to fix the upstairs toilet and then he says that Dram wouldn't be coming for the lesson as she was in Danang. Nice of him to let me know!!  I was rightly pissed as I had wasted 2 hours. Called Vang and she dropped in and took my shopping list for making spaghetti to buy the ingredients at the market for me. Kevin had gone into the city centre to buy a bag for his trip to Bangkok. He came home and was so proud of his North Face bag, that he paid VND 800k for. I suggested that $50 was a little rich and he was surprised as he thought it converted to $15. Dah! I had arranged to meet Colin Clegg from bowls at 10.30 to have a look at VietTV. He is currently having house repairs done and it was very noisy and dirty. We sat outside and chatted for half an hour. I called into Phuong Bahn Mi on the way to the pool and grabbed some lunch. Jerry and Claire came around lunch time and we chatted with them. Kevin left the pool to go to the gold shop and convert some money to US$ as he needs $25 for his visa when he returns from Bangkok. I called in to mini mart and got some more gin, the market for limes, avocado and tomatoes. I washed and chopped all the ingredients ready for dinner. Andrew called in with some dry lube  he got in Danang for Kevin, cost VND 140 k. They sat outside and had a beer. Dinner was a success and very yummy. I watched a movie after dinner but fell asleep while it was still running. Had a good nights sleep. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.