Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 42 – 12th May 2016 Thursday – Wedding

VIETNAM | Friday, 13 May 2016 | Views [329]

Kevin rode with Michael to Marble Mountain. It is a hot day today and as we get ready for the wedding of Duc’s cousin Thuong we are having second thoughts about going. The driver picked Dung and us us before collecting Vang, Wing and Mr Ha. It took over an hour to get there and it was a very remote rural setting. People were riding their motorbikes from all directions. There were 600 people all set up in the big open marquee. The bride and groom, together with their parents welcomed us. We sat down at a table for 10 and I am sure that every person rubber necked to see us. Luckily Kevin had worn his new pants and shirt. All the Uncles came over and wanted to drink beer and scull with us. They spilt more beer over us than was drank. I felt sorry for the bride as she was all dressed up and it was at least 40C. I was melting so I would think she was as well. Lunch was served by the caterers and eating was all done within 2 hours. Duc’s mother, younger 8yo sister and Auntie sat with us. While we were eating various guest would get up on stage with the microphone and band and would sing at the top of their voices, yelling and screeching. Some were so bad. We left around 12.30 and went back to Duc’s family home. Duc was coming back with us. From here we headed back to HoiAn but had to stop for Chicken Noodles on the way. Of course Kevin and I did not need any, so watched the 4 guys devour a bowl in 10min. Arrived home by 3pm and we both needed to rest after a stressful day. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.