Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 24 - 24th April 2016 Sunday – AnBang

VIETNAM | Monday, 25 April 2016 | Views [291]

Happy birthday Sue Hutchinson, you are now a year older than me. Kevin went riding with Andrew to Marble Mountain and China Beach. We headed to the beach mid morning and couldn't get a seat at Soul Kitchen so we went next door to Banyan. Andrew, the new owner was undergoing massive renovations. We were asked to sit to one side as they were going to cut down 3-4 pines to plant some native trees. The chain saws started and it was a couple of hours before they finished. We stayed until 2.30pm as it wasn't very pleasant. They have a lot of work to come up to Soul Kitchens levels. I won't be going there again. We missed Susie and Leonard who came as we left. Kevin headed into town to pick up his sun glasses. He is very happy with them and ordered a pair of readers. For dinner we headed into town and saw Andrew, Austin, Keith and another guy with Tatts having a beer so we stopped and chatted before going on to No 35 Pho Xau for My Quang and Cau Lau. The meal was delicious and only cost VND 90k just over A$5. We wondered around the streets, down by the river on the way back and noticed many new coffee shops and restaurants.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.